Link Building: Leverage Your Content Marketing EffortsFebruary 15, 2016
To Blog or Not to Blog: Building your Website and BlogMarch 14, 2016
Tip #1: Write content that people are looking for and that is targeted to your website’s purpose. Fill your website with high-quality information that serves a purpose and provides high value at the same time. People come to the internet looking for information, entertainment or to find the answer to a problem – do any combination of these three things on a regular basis and you’re sure to have a hit on your hands.
Tip #2: Decide with a clear set of goals what you want to use your website for. Will it be to draw traffic to a service? To make money through affiliate marketing? To sell your own products? Or all of the above?
Tip #3: Get out there and let people know your website exists! I’m not going to cover the dozens and dozens of ways to get traffic here. You need to build a plan you can follow and one that works for you. Understand that just because you build a website that doesn’t mean people will automatically find it.
Here are a few ways to get your website found:
- Website directories – There are many paid and free directories available on the internet you can submit your website to.
- Leave comments on blogs – Commenting on blogs brings you both traffic as well as incoming links if the blog has the no-follow attribute disabled.
- Links from other websites – Links from popular websites is a good way to get both traffic and links as well.
- Writing articles for other websites – By writing articles for popular websites you can build your reputation as an expert and increase traffic.
- Link from your products – If you sell any physical or information products be sure to always make your website known on them.
- Your email signature – You probably email a lot of people every single week. Get your website address at the bottom of those emails to get more people to your site.
- Social media channels – Social media is all the rage these days and it can help you build relationships that translate into website exposure.
- Partner pp with another high profile website owner – There are many ways you can partner with a website owner to create a mutually beneficial promotion. Just get creative!
Set your goals, stick to them and you’ll start to see your efforts pay off as you build a website that people love to come back to again and again.